Case: Custom Program
A Technology company recently hired us to develop and deliver an enhanced version of our BreakThroughs in Leadership™ program designed around their business and specifically for their entire management team. We introduced managers to leadership concepts, provided distinctions for development and coaching, and ran the managers through a blended learning (virtual and classroom) custom simulation that challenged them to immediately practice their new skills.
- General lack of Trust across the organization
- Vision, Mission and core Values missing
- Turnover at C-level and new managers from outside appointed to key roles
- Demands to "Grow Revenue" with no clear tie to strategy or how to execute on the front lines
- Rebuild Trust and mend relationships so as to holistically re-engage the organization
- Bridge the knowing and doing gap in leading a team and meeting performance objectives
- Co-create Vision and Values; and establish a diverse "Champions Team" to own the process
- Engage managers in the process of writing strategy and connecting to objectives that they can influence; and then tie individual development to the mission, key metrics and results
- Establish a sound foundation on which to build a High Performance Culture
- Strengthened individual bonds across the organization, and created a framework for people to work together to achieve common goals
- Renewed commitment to understanding, and knowing, how to act and directly influence results
- (ongoing) Continue to monitor increases in indivudual productivity based on department specific criteria, objectives and indicators
In the end, the program was more than a one-and-done training. The cohort teams continue to meet monthly, and individuals have supported one another in practicing and refining their coaching skills, as well as form leadership habits that continue to translate into increased performance and productivity for themselves and their direct reports.